The Traverse City Film Festival is seeking Volunteer Managers for the 2014 festival!
If you have some extra time to dedicate during the week of the festival and you’d like to take on a leadership role, please join us at our Volunteer Management Open House on Monday, June 9 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm in festival office, 232 E. Front St, Traverse City, MI (directly across from the State Theatre). We would love to meet you! And we’ll even have all the popcorn and treats you can eat!
The Open House is specifically for people who would like to take on an assistant manager position and who have 4-6 hours a day to devote during the film festival; it is not necessary for those of you who are willing to work 2-3 shifts during film festival this year.
Can’t make it next week? Mark your calendars for the second Volunteer Manager Open House on Thursday, June 19 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm, also in the festival office.
For more information call 231-392-1134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Be a Manager?
TCFF Managers play a pivotal role on an amazingly talented, incredibly devoted and super fun Festival Team. The Festival couldn’t run without the many Managers that spend a part of their summer in the most beautiful place on earth working with the best Team on earth. It’s a great way to make new friends or spend time with your friends and family – lots of venues are run by teams of families and friends who love the Festival and love to volunteer together. Help us put on the best Festival in the world and have tons of fun along the way!
Each year hundreds of volunteers from every walk of life collectively contribute their time and talent to create the Traverse City Film Festival, a 6-day celebration of world-class cinema. Among the many volunteers, a few step forward as committed leaders in key positions of greater responsibility or as managers to assist with festival operations.
Our managers tell us they come back because there is no other volunteer experience quite like it — the chance to bond with friends as you work together to create something meaningful in one intense week. If you can spare the time, we can promise you an unforgettable experience—not to mention a few cool perks.
“It was the highlight of my summer!” — Brittany Merenda, Professional Projection Designer, State Theatre Assistant Stage Manager TCFF 2012
We currently have leadership openings in several areas of venue festival management. Here is a quick overview of elements common to most of these positions:
- Commitment to one shift per day at one location for the duration of the festival
- Shift duration and assignment varies by venue and position
- Managers are often part of a larger team that works together for a venue, location, or event
- Managers are usually responsible for one specific area of operation such as food concession sales, merchandise sales, inside house management (ushering, ticket-taking, hospitality seating, cleanup), box office and ticket sales, outside line management, stage management, special events, or warehouse operations
- Managers often train and coordinate volunteers assigned to their area during the festival
- Some pre-festival meetings and manager training sessions are required
- Leadership assignments are made based on your interests, time commitment, skill set and experience, available positions, and needs of the festival.
If responsibility, organization, great social skills, fantastic communication, a sense of adventure, a commitment to your community, a passion for cinema, and fun are your middle names, we would love to chat with you about joining our TCFF management team this year.